Big Change Coming to IKEA
Good news for all you vegetarians who also love browsing for furniture in IKEA
Veggie hot dogs are coming to IKEA Canada.
In a recent press release, IKEA Canada announced the IKEA veggie hot dog.
This new menu item will only cost 75 cents.
The veggie hot dogs will be made from kale, red lentils, carrots, ginger, quinoa, onion, potatoes, different spices and will be served with mustard, red cabbage, and roasted onion.
The carbon footprint of this veggie dog is about seven times less than your classic hot dog.
“The new veggie hot dog helps us cater to the needs of more of the many people at our Bistro locations - for vegetarians or those looking for a delicious plant-based alternative that’s convenient and truly affordable,” Brendan Seale, Head of Sustainability, IKEA Canada, said in a recent press release.
“Our aim is to provide food options that are healthy, delicious, and good for our planet and so we are proud to introduce the veggie hot dog.”
The announcement of the veggie dog is the most recent step the company is making towards having more variety of healthier and sustainable food choices.
IKEA Canada is planning for even more seasonal plant-based options later this year.
- Mississauga Massage Therapist Facing Sexual Assault Charges
- Two Mississauga Schools in Hold and Secure Following Ongoing Investigation
- PHOTOS: Justin Trudeau Makes Major Budget Announcement in Mississauga
- Metrolinx Makes Significant Changes to the LRT in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Meadowvale Neighbourhood Could Undergo Massive Redevelopment Soon