Bianca Andreescu's winning streak comes to an end
Bianca Andreescu’s winning streak has unfortunately come to an end.
On Thursday, Andreescu took on American Jennifer Brady in the round of 16 of the China Open. It was another dominant performance for the Mississauga native, as she won in straight sets--her second straight-sets victory in a row, and her 17th consecutive victory overall.
Today, Andreescu took on Naomi Osaka of Japan in the quarterfinals. Unfortunately for Andreescu, her season-high 17-match winning streak came to an end, as she lost two sets to one.
The 21-year-old Osaka is currently ranked number four in the world, and this was the first-ever meeting between two of the sports’ rising stars.
The loss is Andreescu’s first in nine matches with a top-10 opponent this season; her 17 consecutive wins ties the mark set by Victoria Azarenka in 2016.
Cover photo courtesy of Instagram
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed on QEW identified as man from Mississauga
- You can add something else to your recycling this fall in Mississauga
- Winning LOTTO ticket sold in Mississauga still up for grabs
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga
- Bianca Andreescu advances to round of 16
- Here's When Missisauga's Bianca Andreescu Will Be Playing Tonight's U.S. Open Match
- Mississauga's Bianca Andreescu Takes Home Massive Earnings After Winning US Open
- Bianca Andreescu Reaches First-Ever Grand Slam Semifinals
- BREAKING: Mississauga's Own Bianca Andreescu Advances to U.S. Open Finals