Best Italian Food Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
There is no battle more serious and important than the battle between two cities vying to be recognized as the best place to go for exceptional Italian cuisine.
We at inSauga.com and inBrampton.com have searched far and wide for the best Italian food in both cities and our Top 5 picks are about to battle it out for the title of best Italian—and you can vote on your favourite in the poll below.
When it come to great Italian food, every ingredient counts. Is the pizza dough soft and crunchy in all the right places? Is the pasta savoury and cooked to perfection? Are the salads tasty and creative? Is the cheese selection on point?
Both Mississauga and Brampton are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable Italian joints—but only one city can have the absolute best Italian place.
So, here’s a look at each city’s best spots on our signature Top 5 lists on inSauga.com and inBrampton.com.
Which one would you prefer to chow down on tonight?
When you’re hungry, nothing beats a heaping serving of linguine or a perfect pizza. Mississauga has some choice hotspots for Italian food, including the Port Credit gem Aielli Ristorante, the popular Streetsville hotspot Goodfellas, the ever popular (and hard to get a table at) Papa Giuseppe’s, the Clarkson area Casalinga and our number one pick, the eternally popular Michael’s Back Door. While the Michael’s Back Door is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you’re in the mood for a truly tasty dinner.
Brampton, a big and bustling city with an enviable food scene, offers a ton of options when it comes to Italian food. Some hot spots to check out? The chic and modern Bucatini Restaurant and Wine Bar, the romantic and sophisticated Antica Osteria, the stylish French and Italian resto Cantina Fellini Wine Bar, the fun and casual (but always reliably tasty) That Italian Place and our number one pick, the long-standing downtown gem La Capannina Restaurant (which offers a gnocchi you don’t want to miss). While La Capannina takes the top spot, all of these Italian joints have a ton of romance, elegance and tastiness to offer.
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Well Known Mississauga Buffet Restaurant Closed for Health Violations
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- 5 Worst Parking Lots in Mississauga
- Three Vehicle Crash Causing Huge Delays on QEW in Mississauga
- Best Italian Food Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
- Best Italian Food Battle: Mississauga Vs. Oakville
- Battle Results! Best Italian Food Battle: Mississauga Vs. Burlington
- Best Chinese Food Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
- Well-Known Mississauga Resto Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Italian Restaurants