Best Ice Cream Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
There is no battle more serious and important than the battle between two cities vying to be recognized as the best place to go for exceptional ice cream.
We at inSauga.com and inHalton.com have searched far and wide for the best ice cream shops in both cities and our Top 5 picks are about to battle it out—and you can vote on your favourite in the poll below.
When it comes to great ice cream, everything is important. Are there a ton of flavours to choose from? Can you choose from a number of different cones? Are the scoops generous?
Both Mississauga and Burlington are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable ice cream options—but only one city can have the absolute best hotspots.
So, here’s a look at each city’s best spots on our signature Top 5 lists on inSauga.com and inHalton.com.
What ice cream shop will you be visiting this weekend?
When you want to indulge in exceptional ice cream, you don’t have to go far to find the perfect spot in Mississauga. The city has some choice hotspots for your craving, including the ever popular Port Credit hotspot Scoops, the unique walk-up style ice cream stop Dairy King, the Streetsville mainstay Murphy’s Ice Cream Parlour, the beloved, old school Dairy Cream (which has been around since 1958) and our number one pick, the trendy Port 1 Cafe and Gelateria. While Port 1 is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you’re in the mood for a truly tasty treat.
Burlington, a small but bustling city with with an enviable food scene, offers a ton of options when it comes to ice cream. Some hot spots to check out? The vegan-friendly Boon Burger Cafe, the delightfully retro R C’s Boardwalk Fries and Ice Cream, the popular and charming Kelly’s Bake Shoppe, the new (and very popular—prepare to line up!) Creme de la Creme Creamery and our number one pick, the Aldershot institution Easterbooks Hot Dog Stand. You can’t really go wrong with any of these joints when you have an ice cream craving to satisfy.
- Do We Still Need The Catholic School System in Mississauga and Ontario?
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Mississauga
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Mississauga Man Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- This is the Most Expensive City for University Students in Canada
- inTop 5 Ice Cream Spots in Mississauga
- Once Beloved Ice Cream and Dessert Hotspot Shuts Down in Mississauga
- Free Ice Cream Pizza in Mississauga This Weekend
- Popular Ice Cream Brand Announces New Ice Cream Bars and Flavours Coming to Mississauga Soon
- Here’s How to Score Some Free Ice Cream at Dairy Queen in Mississauga