Best Casual Restaurant Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
There is no battle more serious and important than the battle between two cities vying to be recognized as the best place to go for an exceptional casual meal.
We at inSauga.com and inBrampton.com have searched far and wide for the best casual restaurants in both cities, and our Top 5 picks are about to battle it out—and you can vote on your favourite in the poll below.
When it comes to the perfect casual dining experience, every aspect counts. Is the restaurant perfect for families and adults looking for a great dinner out? Is the food as memorable as the atmosphere? Is the menu creative?
Both Mississauga and Brampton are known for their respective food scenes, and both offer a ton of excellent casual restaurants—but only one city can have the absolute best hotspots.
So, here’s a look at each city’s best spots on our signature Top 5 lists on inSauga.com and inBrampton.com.
Where will you be eating this weekend?
If you’re looking for something casual but delicious, Mississauga boasts a ton of incredible dining options. Some places worth checking out? The chic and lounge-like Open Cork in the east end of the city, the beloved and locally famous (and frequented by former mayor Hazel McCallion) gem that is Peter’s on Eglinton, the long-standing and popular the Erin Mills Pump, the family-friendly mainstay that is The Muddy Duck and our number one pick, the relatively new—and expanding—Union Social Eatery. While Union Social is our number one pick, Mississauga offers a lot of casual dining variety.
If you’re looking for a casual restaurant in Brampton, you don’t have to go far to find one. Those in the mood for a great meal can check out the southern-inspired Oscar’s Roadhouse, the hidden (but not to be missed!) Onyxx Sports Bar and Grill, the long-standing Fisherman Drive’s staple that is John’s Family Restaurant, the iconic (it’s one of Brampton’s oldest restaurants) Jake’s Boathouse and our number pick, the tasty and on-trend J. Red & Co. While J. Reds is number one, diners have a lot of places to choose from in Brampton.
- Battle Results! Best Casual Restaurant Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
- Top 5 Casual Dining Restaurants in Mississauga
- Best brunch battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
- Unique New Restaurant in Mississauga Provides Delicious Afghan Cuisine in a Casual Dining Environment
- Brand New Casual Dining Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- All residents of Mississauga, Brampton 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second
- Cyclist killed on Hwy. 50 in Brampton, road closed for several hours
- Square One serving up mall food in new outdoor patio dining area