Beloved Mississauga ice cream shop stops curbside pickup after some customers reportedly flout safety protocols
One of Mississauga’s most popular—and iconic—ice cream shops is suspending its drive-thru and curbside pickup service after facing difficulty enforcing safety rules over the Victoria Day long weekend.
Recently, Dairy Cream, the popular Lakeshore Rd. ice cream parlour, took to Facebook to announce that it will only offer delivery through UberEats and Skip the Dishes until it’s safe to reopen more fulsomely.
“We have decided as a Dairy Cream family to shut down our drive-thru and our curbside pickup until further notice,” Dairy Cream’s operators wrote in a May 17 Facebook post.
“Why? Our staff is very overwhelmed, traffic safety is not being listened to. And as hard as we try we are unable to catch up.”
The post says that while the company’s security team did “phenomenal work” with moving traffic along over the weekend, operators need drivers to cooperate and getting cooperation can be a “challenge.”
“Being home for so long is frustrating and it hurts us to have to turn our customers away but we have no choice, our lot only holds so many cars. So until restrictions with physical distanc[ing] ease up and we have a good and safe system in place, we will not be doing our drive-thru or curbside pickup,” the post reads, adding that they also understand that it’s been difficult for customers to place orders over the phone due to long wait times.
“For now, we will be on UberEats and Skip the Dishes for delivery only. We are inquiring about pick up.”
Dairy Cream thanked customers for their support.
“We look forward to being able to serve you through almost normal operations in the future. Once we know it is the best time to do so. Much love.”
- Ontario stores to reopen for curbside pickup, delivery today
- Ontario allowing retail stores with street entrances to offer curbside pickup and delivery
- Here’s How to Score Some Free Ice Cream at Dairy Queen in Mississauga
- These Square One stores are offering curbside pickup in Mississauga
- Best Ice Cream Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities