Beloved and luxurious gym opens brand new location in Mississauga
If you love to work out, Mississauga offers gyms and fitness facilities that suit all tastes and budgets, but that doesn't mean that there isn't always room for one more workout hotspot.
Movati Athletic, one of Canada's fastest-growing fitness clubs, just celebrated the grand opening of its latest prototype facility in Mississauga.
The new facility is the sixteenth location for Movati Athletic and the third in the GTA.
Operators say the sprawling 70,000-square-foot Mississauga club on Century Ave. delivers an "upscale, lifestyle-oriented fitness experience."
Those who check out the gym can enjoy yoga, cycling, boxing, high-intensity training (HIIT) and more. In addition, the club offers functional, cardio and strength training facilities.
Encompassing three levels, the club offers two pools—including a women's-only pool—and fitness area.
Membership includes a number and range of studio classes, including more than 150 professionally instructed, regularly scheduled activities every week.
"We are proud to expand our countless options of fitness and classes in the Toronto area," said Joseph Lo, president of Movati Athletic.
"Movati Athletic is committed to putting its members first and ensuring that they feel welcome, comfortable and healthy, from our obsession with cleanliness to the best fitness instructors, personal trainers and member experience team in the business. Joining Movati is like having memberships to six different boutique studios and a premium fitness club - all under one roof and in one membership."
In a statement, Lo said the luxurious facility is actually fairly affordable.
"In our research, our members have referred to us as 'an affordable luxury'," said Lo. "Our goal across the Movati network is to improve the health and wellness of our members every day, and we look forward to delivering on our promise in Mississauga and surrounding communities."
The new Mississauga club features six dedicated fitness studios, including the open-air Sky Studio, hot yoga, anti-gravity fitness, Movati Cycle, and FUEL Functional Training and Small Group Training. Studio fitness classes include 15 kinds of yoga, six varieties of Pilates, four styles of dance and boxing, bodyART, Movati Drums, and Alive and Personal Training.
The brand says all classes are led by certified instructors and trainers.
Movati says it's also the first fitness club in the GTA to offer the Bungee Fitness workout.
Other features include a family pool, men's and women's Eucalyptus steam rooms and infra-red saunas, and additional amenities such as the Kids' Club Playroom, Cafe and several relaxing lounges.
According to operators, Movati Athletic invested nearly $20 million in development and construction, created more than 150 construction jobs, and will create almost 150 permanent team positions.
The gym hosted an open house on Jan. 11 and is officially open to the public.
Cover photo courtesy of Movati Mississauga’s official Facebook page
- Popular and Luxurious Gym Coming to Mississauga For the First Time Ever
- 5 Unique Fitness Facilities We’d Love to See in Mississauga
- Mississauga gyms and fitness facilities offering online workouts during COVID-19 pandemic
- Massive Gym Brand Slated to Take Over Erin Mills Fitness
- Brand New Affordable Yoga Studio Now Open in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Energy firm Suncor uprooting Mississauga and Oakville offices