Beef Product Sold at Mississauga Restaurant Recalled Due to Potentially Dangerous Bacteria
Diners who have frequented one of several affected restaurants should be aware that a popular roast beef product has been recalled from the market due to the possible presence of harmful bacteria.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) recently announced that Erie Meat Products Ltd. is recalling Druxy’s Fresh Deli Revolution brand Seasoned Cooked Roast Beef from the marketplace due to possible listeria contamination.
The following product has been sold from Druxy’s Famous Deli restaurants and the restaurant locations in Ontario shown below.
Graphic courtesy of CFIA
The CFIA says this product has been portioned and served at these locations without a label or coding. If you're not sure if you have consumed or purchased the affected product, you are advised to contact the restaurant.
Food contaminated with listeria may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth.
In severe cases of illness, people may die.
If you have recently eaten roast beef at one of these locations and feel sick, you should contact your doctor.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Mississauga Due to Possible Contamination
- Cheese product recalled due to possible contamination
- Sobeys recalling select vegetables for possible bacteria contamination
- Popular Salad Product Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Longo's Chicken Wraps Recalled for Possible Listeria