Beef Product Sold at Mississauga Restaurant Recalled Due to Potentially Dangerous Bacteria
Diners who have frequented one of several affected restaurants should be aware that a popular roast beef product has been recalled from the market due to the possible presence of harmful bacteria.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) recently announced that Erie Meat Products Ltd. is recalling Druxy’s Fresh Deli Revolution brand Seasoned Cooked Roast Beef from the marketplace due to possible listeria contamination.
The following product has been sold from Druxy’s Famous Deli restaurants and the restaurant locations in Ontario shown below.
Graphic courtesy of CFIA
The CFIA says this product has been portioned and served at these locations without a label or coding. If you're not sure if you have consumed or purchased the affected product, you are advised to contact the restaurant.
Food contaminated with listeria may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth.
In severe cases of illness, people may die.
If you have recently eaten roast beef at one of these locations and feel sick, you should contact your doctor.
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Popular Chicken Product Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Popular Flour Being Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Dairy Product Being Recalled from GTA Stores
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Mississauga