Becel launches vegan, dairy-free margarine
Becel is launching a new vegan, dairy- and gluten-free alternative to butter.
Dubbed Becel with Oat Beverage, the new margarine is made with oat milk--it's a good source of Omega-3, has no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives, and is low in saturated fat.
Additionally, it can easily replace butter while cooking--one serving has 80 per cent less saturated fat than a serving of dairy butter and can be swapped 1:1 in any recipe.
“Becel aims to satisfy the appetites of Canadians whose food interests are ever changing,” Mandy Au, brand lead for Becel's Upfield North America division, said in a news release.
“With plant-based eating on the rise, oat milk has emerged as one of the fastest-growing non-dairy beverage choices in Canada. That’s why we are thrilled to bring consumers Becel with Oat Beverage which complements the buttery taste of Becel with the rich creaminess of oat beverage, or oat milk, for a delicious, dairy-free plant-based margarine to spread, cook, and bake with," she continued.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga