Becel launches vegan, dairy-free margarine
Becel is launching a new vegan, dairy- and gluten-free alternative to butter.
Dubbed Becel with Oat Beverage, the new margarine is made with oat milk--it's a good source of Omega-3, has no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives, and is low in saturated fat.
Additionally, it can easily replace butter while cooking--one serving has 80 per cent less saturated fat than a serving of dairy butter and can be swapped 1:1 in any recipe.
“Becel aims to satisfy the appetites of Canadians whose food interests are ever changing,” Mandy Au, brand lead for Becel's Upfield North America division, said in a news release.
“With plant-based eating on the rise, oat milk has emerged as one of the fastest-growing non-dairy beverage choices in Canada. That’s why we are thrilled to bring consumers Becel with Oat Beverage which complements the buttery taste of Becel with the rich creaminess of oat beverage, or oat milk, for a delicious, dairy-free plant-based margarine to spread, cook, and bake with," she continued.
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant