Battle Results! Best Indian Food Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
Have you been in the mood for exceptional Indian food and haven't been quite sure where to go to get it?
Since there is no shortage of selection in the GTA, the choice as to where to dine can be a tough one—especially when places that serve this spicy, satisfying mainstay are plentiful across cities.
When it comes to great Indian food, every ingredient counts. Are the curries well-spiced? Is the naan melt-in-your-mouth soft? Both Mississauga and Burlington have great Indian restaurants, but only one city can be the best.
Both Mississauga and Burlington are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable Indian joints—but only one city can have the absolute best hotspots.
What places were competing?
When you're hungry, nothing beats a heaping serving of steaming butter chicken or a spicy plate of lamb saag. Mississauga has some choice hotspots for Indian food, including theHeartland Town Centre area Avani, the ever popular Nirvana The Flavours of India, the hidden City Centre gem Udupi Madras Cafe, the brand new--and super atmospheric--Laari Adda and our number one pick, the elegant and stunning Maharaja. While the Maharaja is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you're in the mood for a truly tasty dinner.
While not everyone associates Burlington with Indian cuisine, it has its fair share of incredible restaurants that provide drool-worthy curries. Some place worth checking out? The Fairview St. Hakka Fresh resto that specializes in Indian and Chinese fusion dishes, the tasty--and Goan-focused--Prince of India, the unique Indian and Mediterranean fusion joint The Raging Olive, the cozy and welcoming Bombay's Chutney and our number one pick, the beloved and long-standing Bombay Grill Restaurant. You can't really go wrong with any of these joints when you have an Indian food craving to satisfy.
We asked you which city has the best Indian food and you voted.
Here are the results!
And on the website:
On the website, Mississauga beat out Burlington 72.22 per cent to 27.78 per cent, and it looks like Instagram users sided with Mississauga by a much wider margin--96 to per cent to 4 per cent.
What city do you visit when you’re in the mood for some butter chicken?
- Best Indian Food Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
- Best Indian Food Battle: Mississauga Vs. Brampton
- Battle Results! Best Greek Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
- Battle Results! Best Italian Food Battle: Mississauga Vs. Burlington
- Battle Results! Best Fish and Chips Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior