Battle Results! Best Casual Restaurant Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
Have you been in the mood for a great casual meal and haven't been quite sure where to go to get one? Since there is no shortage of selection in the GTA, the choice as to where to dine can be a tough one—especially when great casual restaurants are plentiful across cities.
When it comes to the perfect casual dining experience, every aspect counts. Is the restaurant perfect for families and adults looking for a great dinner out? Is the food as memorable as the atmosphere? Is the menu creative?
Both Mississauga and Brampton are known for their respective food scenes, and both offer a ton of excellent casual joints—but only one city can have the absolute best hotspots.
What places were competing?
If you're looking for something casual but delicious, Mississauga boasts a ton of incredible dining options. Some places worth checking out? The chic and lounge-like Open Cork in the east end of the city, the beloved and locally famous (and frequented by former mayor Hazel McCallion) gem that is Peter's on Eglinton, the long-standing and popular the Erin Mills Pump, the family-friendly mainstay that is The Muddy Duck and our number one pick, the relatively new--and expanding--Union Social Eatery. While Union Social is our number one pick, Mississauga offers a lot of casual dining variety.
If you're looking for a casual restaurant in Brampton, you don't have to go far to find one. Those in the mood for a great meal can check out the southern-inspired Oscar's Roadhouse, the hidden (but not to be missed!) Onyxx Sports Bar and Grill, the long-standing Fisherman Drive's staple that is John's Family Restaurant, the iconic (it's one of Brampton's oldest restaurants) Jake's Boathouse and our number pick, the tasty and on-trend J. Red & Co. While J. Reds is number one, diners have a lot of places to choose from in Brampton.
We asked you which city has the best casual restaurants and you voted.
Here are the results!
On the website:
And on Instagram:
On the website, Mississauga beat out Brampton by 86 per cent to 14 per cent. Instagram users were a little more divided, with Brampton eking out 40 per cent of the vote.
What city do you visit when you’re in the mood for a casual meal?
- Best Casual Restaurant Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
- Top 5 Casual Dining Restaurants in Mississauga
- Battle results! Best brunch battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
- Unique New Restaurant in Mississauga Provides Delicious Afghan Cuisine in a Casual Dining Environment
- Brand New Casual Dining Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new high of over 1,000 new COVID-19 cases today
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga