Battle Results! Best All-Day Breakfast Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
Have you been in the mood for all-day breakfast and haven't been quite sure where to go to get it? Since there is no shortage of selection in the GTA, the choice as to where to dine can be a tough one—especially when places that serve breakfast dishes all day long are plentiful across cities.
When it comes to excellent breakfast food, every ingredient counts. Are the Eggs Benny perfectly poached? Are the pancakes soft and fluffy? Are the omelettes light, fluffy and delicious?
Both Mississauga and Brampton are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable all-day breakfast options--but only one city can have the absolute best selection.
What places were competing?
If you're in the mood for eggs at 4:00 p.m, you don't have to drive far to get them. Some all-day breakfast joints that have more than stood the test of time in the city include the iconic Orchard Family Restaurant in Cooksville; the Streetsville mainstay with the hearty portions known as Skyway Jacks; the beloved and long-standing Zet's restaurant in Malton; a Port Credit gem called Captain Robin's that's known for its hugely generous portions and our number one pick; the renowned Streetsville staple that is Bobby's Hideaway (also note that the brand operates a second location in Port Credit). When you're in the mood for breakfast, Mississauga has got you covered.
If you want pancakes late in the day, you've got a lot of options in Brampton. Some of the best all-day breakfast places? The comfortable and affordable Good Egg Dining; the tucked-away and always delicious AJ's Restaurant in the Van Kirk and Regan Rd. area; the beloved greasy spoon Wally's on Steeles; the downtown gem known as Joey's Deli and our number one pick, the iconic and long-standing Stacy Lee's Family Restaurant. While Stacy Lee's is our number one pick, Brampton has no shortage of all-day breakfast joints to visit when you have a craving for some 2:00 p.m. waffles.
We asked you which city has the best onion rings and you voted.
Here are the results!
On the website:
And on Instagram:
On the website, Mississauga beat out Brampton, but it looks like Instagram were a lot more divided, with Mississauga winning 56% to Brampton's 44%.
What city do you visit when you’re in the mood for some all-day breakfast?
- Best All-Day Breakfast Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
- Battle Results! Best Breakfast Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
- Best Breakfast Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
- Battle Results: Best Eggs Benedict Battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
- Battle results! Best brunch battle: Mississauga vs. Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- Police investigating unknown remains discovered in Mississauga
- A look at average house prices in the most and least expensive neighbourhoods in Mississauga
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm