AZ recipients can book Pfizer/Moderna 2nd shots starting today in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
Ontarians who received Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have the choice to book a second dose of the same vaccine or an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna starting today.
The province updated its guidance on second doses of that vaccine this week.
Second-dose bookings are available at pharmacies as of today for people who received an AstraZeneca vaccine 12 weeks ago.
People can book AstraZeneca second doses by contacting the pharmacy or primary care provider where they received their first shot.
Those opting for an mRNA vaccine can schedule through a participating pharmacy offering Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.
The province says AstraZeneca recipients can book second shots of a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine through the provincial booking system or local health units starting next week.
- All residents of Mississauga, Brampton 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second
- Mississauga and Brampton can book the second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine
- Province will continue to offer AstraZeneca as second dose to AZ recipients in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Pfizer, Moderna vaccines now preferred second dose for AZ recipients
- All Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario adults eligible for faster second dose of COVID-19 vaccine today
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other