Award-winning musical group set to perform in Mississauga
You don't have to travel outside of the city to watch award-winning musical groups.
On Saturday, Feb. 8, the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra (MSO) will be joined by "Canada's ambassadors of musical diversity"—the three-time JUNO nominated, Billboard-charting, Sultans of String.
The performance will take place in Hammerson Hall inside The Living Arts Centre at 8:00 pm.
The MSO says the Sultans will join the orchestra for an evening of Celtic Reels, Flamenco, Gypsy-Jazz, Arabic, Cuban, and South Asian rhythms.
Special guests include Anwar Khurshid, an internationally recognized sitar master whose music has been featured in the Oscar-winning film, Life of Pi, and Shannon Thunderbird, a proud descendant of the northern British Columbia Coast Tsimshian People, and renowned storyteller and singer/songwriter.
For those who are unaware, Sultans of String includes 5-string violinist and JUNO Award nominee Chris McKhool. McKhool, who has guest-starred with Jesse Cook and Pavlo, incorporates instruments and styles from far and wide into his music. Other members include founding guitarist Kevin Laliberte, bass master Drew Birston, guitarist Eddie Paton, and Cuban percussionist, Chendy Leon.
Sultans of String have performed at the Celtic Connections Festival in the U.K., Birdland Jazz Club in NYC, Canada's National Arts Centre, Toronto's Four Seasons Centre, and symphony orchestras throughout North America.
They've also received multiple awards and accolades, including 1st place in the ISC (out of 15,000 entries), four Canadian Folk Music Awards, and a Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal (for bandleader Chris McKhool).
Regularly priced tickets start at $45.
Special pricing is available for seniors, families, and patrons under 26. Complimentary underground parking is included with every ticket purchase.
To buy tickets, click here.
- Unique musical event coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- The Season Finale of Mississauga’s Symphony Orchestra is Coming This Weekend
- Exciting Musical Event Coming to Mississauga Very Soon
- Award-Winning Sheridan College Musical Begins Toronto Run
- Guess What’s Coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga This December?
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh