Award-winning musical group set to perform in Mississauga
You don't have to travel outside of the city to watch award-winning musical groups.
On Saturday, Feb. 8, the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra (MSO) will be joined by "Canada's ambassadors of musical diversity"—the three-time JUNO nominated, Billboard-charting, Sultans of String.
The performance will take place in Hammerson Hall inside The Living Arts Centre at 8:00 pm.
The MSO says the Sultans will join the orchestra for an evening of Celtic Reels, Flamenco, Gypsy-Jazz, Arabic, Cuban, and South Asian rhythms.
Special guests include Anwar Khurshid, an internationally recognized sitar master whose music has been featured in the Oscar-winning film, Life of Pi, and Shannon Thunderbird, a proud descendant of the northern British Columbia Coast Tsimshian People, and renowned storyteller and singer/songwriter.
For those who are unaware, Sultans of String includes 5-string violinist and JUNO Award nominee Chris McKhool. McKhool, who has guest-starred with Jesse Cook and Pavlo, incorporates instruments and styles from far and wide into his music. Other members include founding guitarist Kevin Laliberte, bass master Drew Birston, guitarist Eddie Paton, and Cuban percussionist, Chendy Leon.
Sultans of String have performed at the Celtic Connections Festival in the U.K., Birdland Jazz Club in NYC, Canada's National Arts Centre, Toronto's Four Seasons Centre, and symphony orchestras throughout North America.
They've also received multiple awards and accolades, including 1st place in the ISC (out of 15,000 entries), four Canadian Folk Music Awards, and a Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal (for bandleader Chris McKhool).
Regularly priced tickets start at $45.
Special pricing is available for seniors, families, and patrons under 26. Complimentary underground parking is included with every ticket purchase.
To buy tickets, click here.
- Unique musical event coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- The Season Finale of Mississauga’s Symphony Orchestra is Coming This Weekend
- Exciting Musical Event Coming to Mississauga Very Soon
- Award-Winning Sheridan College Musical Begins Toronto Run
- Guess What’s Coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga This December?
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Mississauga in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 17
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga