A&W launching plant-based nuggets
Count A&W among the many fast-food chains implementing plant-based protein options for customers who don’t eat meat.
The creators of the original burger family have announced they’re adding plant-based nuggets to their menu.
Currently, these plant-based nuggets are only available at participating locations in Ontario and BC; they can be ordered in a pack of six or 10, or as a kids meal.
“We can’t resist our new Plant-Based Nuggets and we can’t wait for guests in Ontario and British Columbia to taste our delicious new nuggets for themselves,” Susan Senecal, President and Chief Executive Officer at A&W Canada, said in a news release.
“Nuggets are fun to eat and fun to share and we think Canadians will be very impressed with our new plant-based nuggets for lunch, dinner or any time in between,” she continued.
The new nuggets, which will be made entirely from plant-based ingredients—such as peas, wheat, and fava beans, are the result of a partnership between A&W and Lightlife—which has partnered with several other fast-food restaurants to create similar products.
“We’re thrilled to partner with A&W as they launch their first plant-based nugget on the menu,” Dan Curtin, President and CEO of Greenleaf Foods, SPC, said in the same release.
“A&W is an icon in the Canadian dining landscape, and we’re excited for their guests to experience the taste, texture, and satisfaction of Lightlife’s plant-based nuggets,” he added.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- City fining contractor after snow plow takes out garbage bins in Mississauga
- Multiple sick coyotes spotted in Mississauga
- Man celebrating enormous multi-million jackpot lotto win in Mississauga
- KFC testing plant-based menu options for one day only in Mississauga
- Do You Want To See The New McDonald's Plant Based Burger Come To Mississauga?
- Tim Hortons Testing New Plant-Based Eggs in Mississauga
- Popular Chicken Nuggets Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Major Fast Food Chain Launching Specialty Burger