At Least Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
At least four schools are under hold and secure in Mississauga as Peel police hunt an armed bank robbery suspect.
The incident is unfolding in Streetsville around 11:15 a.m.
A gun was seen, say police, in the incident near Queen St. S. and Maiden Lane.
Two suspects fled on foot heading east. They’re described as thin, wearing all black, with their faces covered.
Schools under hold and secure include Streetsville, Saint Joseph Catholic Elementary, Little Rascals Preschool, and Kendellhurst Academy.
This is the second straight week schools in Mississauga have been under hold and secure.
UPDATE: Police say the hold and secures have been lifted.
- A Popular McDonald's Meal Could Soon be Banned in Mississauga and Beyond
- E. Coli Outbreak Linked to Lettuce Sold in Ontario
- Massive Clothing Retailer is Planning to Close Some of Its Stores for Good
- One of the 2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Has a Mississauga Connection
- Premium Outlet Mall Minutes from Mississauga Undergoing Massive Expansion
- Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Two Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga While Police Investigate Reports of Suspect Armed with Knife
- Schools Under Hold and Secure After Convenience Store Robbery in Mississauga