At Least Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
At least four schools are under hold and secure in Mississauga as Peel police hunt an armed bank robbery suspect.
The incident is unfolding in Streetsville around 11:15 a.m.
A gun was seen, say police, in the incident near Queen St. S. and Maiden Lane.
Two suspects fled on foot heading east. They’re described as thin, wearing all black, with their faces covered.
Schools under hold and secure include Streetsville, Saint Joseph Catholic Elementary, Little Rascals Preschool, and Kendellhurst Academy.
This is the second straight week schools in Mississauga have been under hold and secure.
UPDATE: Police say the hold and secures have been lifted.
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- Exciting Nuit Blanche-Type Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- Mississauga is Asking Residents to Help it Create an Arts and Culture Master Plan
- Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- More Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Gun-Related Incident in Mississauga
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Two Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga While Police Investigate Reports of Suspect Armed with Knife