Arrest made in death of Hamilton man Patrick Chaddock
The Hamilton Police Service arrested and charged a 47-year-old man from Hamilton in connection with the June 13 homicide in the city’s east end.
Colin Marcotte is accused of Second Degree Murder.
The victim has been identified by police as 59-year-old Patrick Chaddock.
Last Sunday at around 6:45 p.m., police responded to reports of an altercation on the second-floor hallway of 737 Barton St. East.
When they arrived, police found Chaddock laying unconscious. Emergency crews say he was suffering from blunt force trauma when Chaddock was transported to hospital before being pronounced dead.
Police say Chaddock was a long-time resident of the building he was found in.
Marcotte is not a resident of the building but was “associated through other tenants,” according to police, who added that the two “did not have any form of relationship to one another.”
Hamilton Police thanked the public for their assistance in relation to the investigation.
This is the city’s eighth homicide of 2021.
Photo: Colin Marcotte (pictured), 47, of Hamilton is accused of Second Degree Murder in the death of Patrick Chaddock.
- Hamilton man found in apartment hallway with 'blunt force trauma' pronounced dead
- Two charged with first-degree murder after Hamilton stabbing victim dies
- 22-year-old Hamilton man charged in death of Ethan MacCullouch
- Hamilton Police investigating double homicide
- Hamilton Police charge stepson in death of 73-year-old man
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga