Arrest Made in Connection to a Fatal Fail to Remain Collision
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau are asking for Peel Region residents assistance into the investigation of a fatal hit and run collision that occurred yesterday, May 1, at 5:07 pm at the intersection of Sorrento Drive and Elia Avenue in Mississauga.
Rafaela Piedrasanta, a 75-year-old woman from Mississauga, was walking from the south side of Elia Avenue to the north side of Elia Avenue at Sorrento Drive when she was struck by a white Ford Pick-Up truck that was turning right.
She suffered serious injuries and was transported to a hospital. Unfortunately, she died as a result of her injuries.
Today, May 2, investigators recovered the vehicle involved in the collision.
Seyenthan Sivakumaran, 37, of Mississauga was arrested and charged with failure to stop at a scene of accident cause death. He is set to appear for a bail hearing tomorrow, May 3, at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with information related to this collision is asked to contact the Major Collision Bureau (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Killed in Hit and Run in Mississauga
- Arrest made in connection to fatal collision involving 18-month-old boy from Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in relation to fatal collision
- Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
- Police seeking information regarding fatal collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-police brutality group hangs highway banner calling for justice in Mississauga
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault