Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
Investigators from the 21 and 22 Division have charged a 24-year-old man of No Fixed Address with Attempted Murder and various other firearm-related offences in relation to a Brampton shooting incident from February 2019.
On Thursday, February 14, 2019, at approximately 11:25 p.m., police responded to a residence in the area of Sandalwood Parkway West and Mississauga Road in Brampton for a report of shots fired.
Upon arriving at the residence, officers located evidence confirming that a firearm was discharged.
They also located a 35-year-old male victim suffering from minor injuries.
The investigation identified Marcin Beran, a 24-year-old man of No Fixed Address was responsible for the incident.
A warrant for Beran's arrest was obtained on February 15, 2019, and continuous efforts were made to locate him since that date.
On Tuesday, February 25, 2020, Beran was located in Mississauga and was arrested for Attempt Murder.
At the time of his arrest, Beran was found in possession of a loaded Llama 9mm handgun.
Beran has been charged with Attempt Murder Using Firearm, Possession of a Loaded Prohibited Firearm x2, Discharge Firearm With Intent, Point Firearm, Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose, Occupant of a Motor Vehicle Knowing There Was A Firearm, Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x2, Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Order x4, Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime and Carry Concealed Weapon.
Beran was held for a bail hearing and appeared in the Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 2233.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga men arrested in connection with firearm-related offences
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police
- COVID-19 vaccines will bring life ‘back to normal,’ Ontario premier says