Arrest made after male stabbed at basketball court in Brampton
Police say they’ve made an arrest following a stabbing in Brampton on Saturday.
At 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 27, the 24 year old victim was playing basketball with friends at a basketball court in the area of Queen St E and Dixie Rd when he became involved in a confrontation with another man.
The victim was stabbed and the suspect fled the scene on foot.
Police say the victim was transported to a local hospital and his injuries were determined to be non-life-threatening.
Officers executed a Criminal Code search warrant at a Brampton residence where they located the suspect, 23 year old Brampton man Shamar Green.
Green was arrested and is facing an aggravated assault charge.
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today (Sunday, March 28).
- Officers searching for suspect after male stabbed in Brampton
- Brampton kidnapping victim found safe, suspect remains at large: Police
- Police searching for suspect believed to have kidnapped 23 year old woman in Brampton
- Another arrest of Brampton man prompts police chief to call out court system
- 18 year old Brampton male arrested after armed robbery in Mississauga
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga