Are Walmart Shoppers in Mississauga About to Save Some Money?
Shoppers who regularly frequent major superstore chain Walmart in search of good deals should be happy to hear that they can save a little extra cash (just a little, but every bit counts) when ordering online.
Walmart recently announced that, effective immediately, customers will no longer be charged a $2.97 pickup fee for groceries ordered on Walmart's website and picked up in store or at a Penguin Pick-up location.
For those who are unaware, Walmart's online service allows customers to select grocery items online at Walmart.ca and have them ready for pickup at their local participating Walmart store at a convenient time.
People who order their groceries can also park in a dedicated online grocery pickup parking spot and have their order brought outside to them.
“We are thrilled to be able to cancel the pickup fee” said Daryl Porter, vice president omnichannel operations and Online Grocery, Walmart Canada. “Eliminating this fee is in keeping with our goal is to save customers money. While it only represents a fraction of a typical grocery order, we don’t believe customers should have to pay even a penny more than necessary when they shop with us.”
The brand's online grocery service offers a selection of Walmart’s grocery items, including fruits and vegetables, an expanded selection of organic produce, fresh meats and other typical grocery items.
Walmart stores in Ottawa, the Greater Toronto Area , Calgary and Edmonton currently offer online grocery pick up.
- Something New has Come to the Heartland Town Centre Walmart in Mississauga
- Major Company Offering Same Day Grocery Delivery
- Walmart’s New Home Delivery Service Making Life Easier for Mississauga Shoppers
- Major Store Providing Grocery Home Delivery to Mississauga
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga