Are Port Colborne residents being framed?
Published August 4, 2021 at 7:57 pm
Citizens of Port Colborne, beware! The city is trying its best to frame you.
Fortunately, residents can be assured the police won’t be involved.
As part of their #PortColborneStaycation promotion, Port Colborne is setting up oversized picture frames throughout the city at nine different locations.
For the month of August, contestants need only to get a photo of themselves and then post it on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts with the hashtag #PortColborneStaycation to be entered into the contest.
“This is the year for road trips, backyard adventures and summer staycations. With beautiful beaches, a vibrant waterfront community with boutiques, restaurants, and cafes, multiple hiking trails and parks for nature enthusiasts, exploration is endless in Port Colborne,” said the city in a release.
“This South Niagara coastal community is your perfect destination for a weekend getaway, daytrip, or even just a random sunny Sunday cruise.”
Participants will get the chance to win the Ultimate Port Colborne Staycation prize package which includes:
- Two cruiser bikes with baskets
- $250 in gift cards to local Port Colborne dining establishments
- $250 in gift cards to local Port Colborne businesses
- A private ‘Behind the Scenes’ tour of the Port Colborne Historic and Marine Museum
- A Port Colborne Public Library package which includes a variety of books and prizes for all ages
Looking to increase your odds? The city has set up nine photo frames at the following locations and each photo from a different spot is a separate entry. They are:
- H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park
- Port Colborne Promenade
- Nickel Beach
- Centennial Cedar-Bay Beach
- Lock 8 Park
- The Sugarloaf Marina
- City Hall
- The Port Colborne Historic and Marine Museum
If residents aren’t on social media, they can still enter by emailing their pics to: [email protected]
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies