Apple Discontinues Two Major Nostalgic Products
Be prepared to feel very old, and feel free to play some 00’s punk rock off of your Spotify account as you mourn two of Apple’s classic products.
Apple announced last week that the iPod shuffle and iPod nano are being discontinued, according to an article on TechCrunch.
From now on, the iPod lineup will be reduced to just two kinds of iPod touch with increased storage capacity.
According to TechCrunch, the iPod touch is now sold at 64GB for $199 and 128GB for $299. Prior to the announcement, the iPod touch sold at 16GB for $199 and 64GB for $299, so you can now get more storage for less cost.
In an era where music is stored on phones and Spotify has amassed popularity, it makes sense for Apple to have made the decision to simplify their product line, though it’s still sad news.
The iPod classic was discontinued about three years ago, said TechCrunch, so it’s no surprise that Apple has condensed their lineup of iPods even more.
Consumers can still purchase the iPod touch and the iPhone as portable music players.
The shuffle and the nano have been around since 2005, according to TechCrunch, and while their run is over in terms of being manufactured, that doesn’t change that fact that there are a ton of shuffles and nanos still in existence.
For anyone who wants the soon-to-be-ancient collector’s items, consumers will definitely still be able to find them on Kijiji or eBay.
If you have a shuffle or a nano, you might want to break it out and listen to your old playlists - you never know what gold you might find.
- A Restaurant That Suddenly Closed is Finally Reopening in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- Mississauga Man Involved in Transport Truck Rollover in Milton
- Two Taken to Hospital After Condo Fire in Mississauga
- Driver Hospitalized After Collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested for Stealing Thousands of Dollars Worth of Apple Products
- New Emojis Coming to Apple Devices Soon
- People Warned to Beware of Sophisticated and Convincing Apple Scam
- Apple Has a New Feature That Will Appeal to Square One Shoppers in Mississauga
- Here’s What to do When Your Pricey Smartphone Starts Slowing Down