Another Very Popular Store is Headed to Square One in Mississauga
Square One is still attracting shoppers in spades.
So it makes sense that many of the hottest retailers want in.
it’s arguably the city’s most iconic shopping centre, and the mall has welcomed a slew of new stores (both high end and affordable) over the past few years.
Well, the momentum doesn’t appear to be slowing down.
And that’s good news for lovers of a very recognizable casual apparel company.
Uniqlo, the Japanese retail giant, is opening four new Canadian stores in fall 2018.
Three locations are in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and that includes Square One Shopping Centre.
Here’s what it’ll look like in Mississauga.
Where are the other stores? Vaughan Mills, CF Markville and one new store out west in the Greater Vancouver Area at Coquitlam Centre.
“We’re happy to be bringing LifeWear, thoughtfully created to make everyday life better and more comfortable, to so many new people in Canada through the launch of four new Uniqlo stores,” said Uniqlo Canada COO Yasuhiro Hayashi.
“After much demand from loyal customers we are especially excited to be opening new stores in Ontario for the first time since our Canadian launch in fall 2016.”
The largest of the new stores to open in the GTA will be located at Vaughan Mills, with a sales floor of more than 20,000 sq. ft. all on one floor.
Both stores at CF Markville and Square One Shopping Centre will measure approximately 15,000 sq. ft. and be located on one floor.
These new stores will bring the total number of Uniqlo locations in Ontario to five. T
The newest -and fourth- store to open in BC’s Coquitlam Centre will occupy more than 12,000 sq. ft. of sales floor on level two.
The first Uniqlo store opened in Japan in 1984 and has expanded into global markets with more than 2,000 stores across the globe.
The casual apparel line has amassed a cult -like following, due to its innovative clothing and accessory designs such as the HeatTech line at Uniqlo - it’s a fabric that turns moisture into heat (perfect for Canada’s cold winter climate!).
Uniqlo has already opened at Toronto’s Eaton Centre and Yorkdale.
Rendering courtesy of Uniqlo Canada
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated Store Will Officially Open in Square One in Mississauga
- One of the Biggest Japanese Stores is Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Is One of the Biggest Japanese Clothing Retailers Coming to Mississauga?
- Top 5 New Stores and Restaurants Coming to Square One Soon
- Popular Japanese Store Launching Canadian Expansion
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility
- Police warning public of new scam sent via text
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington
- Photo radar map shows where Brampton made $1 million