Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
It’s another wonderfully mild day …
Or at least it’s starting that way.A special weather statement is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills. There’s potential for icy conditions later Friday morning and afternoon.
“Rain and patches of dense fog will continue to affect the area early this morning,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 7:47 a.m. Friday.
“The rain is forecast to change to snow by midday as temperatures plummet with the passage of a cold front. There may also be a brief period of freezing rain during the changeover from rain to snow.”
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Extra care should be taken when walking or driving in affected areas, the federal weather agency warns.
Here’s the good news: Snow is forecast to taper off behind the cold front, limiting snowfall amounts to a few centimetres at most.
UPDATE: The special weather statement has ended for all cities and towns as of 3:14 p.m.
- This Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
- Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga votes to allow Hindu temples to temporarily broadcast hymns