Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
It’s another wonderfully mild day …
Or at least it’s starting that way.A special weather statement is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills. There’s potential for icy conditions later Friday morning and afternoon.
“Rain and patches of dense fog will continue to affect the area early this morning,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 7:47 a.m. Friday.
“The rain is forecast to change to snow by midday as temperatures plummet with the passage of a cold front. There may also be a brief period of freezing rain during the changeover from rain to snow.”
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Extra care should be taken when walking or driving in affected areas, the federal weather agency warns.
Here’s the good news: Snow is forecast to taper off behind the cold front, limiting snowfall amounts to a few centimetres at most.
UPDATE: The special weather statement has ended for all cities and towns as of 3:14 p.m.
- This Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga for Christmas
- Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- All residents of Mississauga, Brampton 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second
- Cyclist killed on Hwy. 50 in Brampton, road closed for several hours