Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
It’s another wonderfully mild day …
Or at least it’s starting that way.A special weather statement is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills. There’s potential for icy conditions later Friday morning and afternoon.
“Rain and patches of dense fog will continue to affect the area early this morning,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 7:47 a.m. Friday.
“The rain is forecast to change to snow by midday as temperatures plummet with the passage of a cold front. There may also be a brief period of freezing rain during the changeover from rain to snow.”
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Extra care should be taken when walking or driving in affected areas, the federal weather agency warns.
Here’s the good news: Snow is forecast to taper off behind the cold front, limiting snowfall amounts to a few centimetres at most.
UPDATE: The special weather statement has ended for all cities and towns as of 3:14 p.m.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- This Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
- Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- A Special Weather Statement is Currently in Effect for Mississauga