Popular Filipino Restaurant Closes in Mississauga
It seems there have been a lot of high-profile closings lately. Recently, popular Thai chain Spring Rolls shuttered its Sussex Centre doors for good and underrated Indian gem Bukhara Grill packed its bags and moved east to Toronto.
Now, a new Chinese restaurant has taken over the space that once belonged to very popular Filipino restaurant Quiapo! Quiapo!
The unique restaurant, which was number one on insauga's Top 5 Filipino restaurant list, served Boodle Fight—a tradition that symbolizes equality among Philippine Military Academy (PMA) members by have them sh are the same food regardless of rank. It’s usually prepared for special occasions and is a military style of eating where food is presented on top of tables lined with banana leaves and eaten with bare hands — also known as Kamayan-style, which means “with hands”.
When it opened, Quiapo! Quiapo! was the only restaurant in Mississauga that honoured Kamayan-style eating by offering three menus of what they named Budol Fight (to honour the owner’s cousin who is a graduate of PMA).
Opening soon, Liyuan Spicy Pot has opened in its place, so you can still visit the location for a unique meal.
Location: Quiapo! Quiapo!
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $3 mil Lorne Park home with beautiful interior
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga
- Houses still selling for sky-high prices in Mississauga--but COVID-19 could change that