Another Major Store Could Soon Deliver Groceries in Mississauga
Massive shipments of Kirkland products to my door? Sign me up!
Costco has already rolled out an online delivery service in the U.S., and now the wholesaler could bring grocery delivery to Canada, according to the Financial Post.
“We are looking at sites from which we can fulfill fresh grocery orders,” Costco Canada spokesman Ron Damiani told the Post. “We are extremely happy with the results that we have had out of the U.S.”
Currently, there is no timeline for the rollout in Canada.
It's true that Costco is a popular shopping choice for families and those looking to buy in bulk alike.
In the U.S., Costco uses Instacart to deliver groceries from 441 of the retailer’s 519 U.S. warehouses according to the Post, with plans to implement the service from remaining locations by the end of the year.
Instacart is pretty straightforward - you enter your zip code, choose your items, even shop Costco coupons, and you can get delivery in as little as one hour, according to Costco.
You can already shop a variety of Costco's products online, but grocery delivery might give them a leg up to compete with Wal Mart and Amazon, who also deliver groceries in certain locations.
Costco is also undergoing major brick and mortar expansion - they have consistently opened huge new locations over the past year, and are continuing to do so.
If you choose to buy groceries online, keep in mind there are no free samples!
Would you purchase groceries from Costco online?
- This Major Grocer is Now Delivering Groceries in Mississauga
- New Payment Option Coming Soon to Costco Online
- Costco limiting number of items customers can purchase at one time to prevent hoarding
- Costco Gives Priority Access to Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Major Company Offering Same Day Grocery Delivery
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Police investigating reports of shots being fired in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic