Another Huge Holiday Celebration is Headed to Mississauga
It's official—Christmas is hitting Mississauga this weekend.
While you probably already know about the grand-scale tree lighting at Celebration Square and the Christmas market set to hit Streetsville, you might not have known that another huge holiday celebration is taking place in another cozy corner of the city.
Residents who live in or near Malton might want to know that on Sunday, Nov. 26, a major Christmas event involving Santa, a horse and carriage, free ice skating and a tree lighting is taking place at Paul Coffey Park.
The Malton BIA has been working with Ward 5 Councillor Carolyn Parrish to bring more awareness and events to Malton and is ringing in the holiday season with its North Pole-ooza.
As for what to expect, families with little ones might be happy to know that Santa will be on hand from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. to offer kids free rides around the park on his horse and carriage.
Attendees can also enjoy free ice skating from 1:45 to 3:15 and if they stick around, they can watch the lighting of Malton's brand new Christmas tree.
The tree lighting will take place at 4:45 p.m.
In terms of food, there will be complimentary hot chocolate and cookie decorating activities for children.
So if you aren't ready to stop celebrating the start of the holiday season on Saturday, be sure to check out the city's north end on Sunday to skate off some holiday snacks and check out another tree lighting.
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Here’s why Mississauga residents should vote strategically this election
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Major Holiday Market Returning to Mississauga This Month
- Holiday Season Lights Up - Food Truck & Skating
- Streetsville Christmas Market and Santa Claus Parade Happening this Weekend in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Holiday Street Market & Light Up the Square at Celebration Square
- Christmas Market Coming to Mississauga at the Expense of the Santa Claus Parade