Another Handgun Seized During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
Police have seized another loaded handgun in Mississauga.
Peel police recently announced that officers arrested two people in connection with the discovery of a loaded handgun during a traffic stop.
On Thursday, March 23 at 12:10 a.m., officers stopped a vehicle in the Matheson Blvd. area for a traffic violation. When police approached the vehicle, they spotted the gun and arrested the vehicle's occupants.
Twenty-three year-old Bowmanville man Nathan Leroy Mitchell and 19-year-old Vaughan woman Kristin Tran-Thi were arrested and charged with numerous firearm offences. Mitchell was also charged with breach of recognizance, as he was out on bail for previous drug and criminal offences.
Mitchell and Tran-Thi were held for a bail hearing scheduled for today.
Anyone who may have any information pertaining to this matter may call the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Four Men Arrested After Gun Found in Vehicle in Mississauga
- Four People Facing Charges After Gun Allegedly Found During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Gun and Ammo Discovered During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga