Another Handgun Seized During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
Police have seized another loaded handgun in Mississauga.
Peel police recently announced that officers arrested two people in connection with the discovery of a loaded handgun during a traffic stop.
On Thursday, March 23 at 12:10 a.m., officers stopped a vehicle in the Matheson Blvd. area for a traffic violation. When police approached the vehicle, they spotted the gun and arrested the vehicle's occupants.
Twenty-three year-old Bowmanville man Nathan Leroy Mitchell and 19-year-old Vaughan woman Kristin Tran-Thi were arrested and charged with numerous firearm offences. Mitchell was also charged with breach of recognizance, as he was out on bail for previous drug and criminal offences.
Mitchell and Tran-Thi were held for a bail hearing scheduled for today.
Anyone who may have any information pertaining to this matter may call the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Four Men Arrested After Gun Found in Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man charged with firearm-related offences following traffic stop in Mississauga
- Four People Facing Charges After Gun Allegedly Found During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk