Annual Art in the Park Event Set to Hit Mississauga
If you're in the mood for a unique outdoor event—and considering how amazing the weather has been lately, you should be—you might be happy to hear that Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) at Riverwood is about to welcome art and nature lovers to its 27th annual Art in the Park Event.
The event, which will take place on Sunday, Sept. 17, will kick off at 10:00 a.m in Riverwood Park and run until 4:00 p.m.
VAM's signature and long-standing event will feature over 40 artist vendors, arts activities, live entertainment and food. Attendees in the market for some one-of-a-kind goods can look forward to pursuing some original works, including paintings, jewelry, textiles, ceramics, clothing and more!
The event will also feature VAM's Youth Art Installation, a piece created by artist Katarina Tkaczyszyn and sponsored by TD Canada.
This year, attendees can also check out, for the first time, a Community Art Activity. Anyone interested in participating is asked to bring recycled or new t-shirts and try some printmaking.
In terms of entertainment, the event will also boast live musical performances by guitarist Mark Harry at 10:30 a.m., indie alternative musical duo FXRRVST at 12:30 p.m. and singer Shyann at 2:00 p.m.
To learn more about the artists and event, click here.
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: Changes coming to COVID-19 screening in Mississauga schools
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with India call centre scam
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga