Animal Services Investigating Death of Small Dog by German Shepherd in Mississauga
The death of a small Chihuahua-Yorkie dog last month has its owner pushing for Animal Services to take more serious measures.
Mississauga woman Vicky Rutkowski wants a muzzle order placed on the German Shepherd that she says killed her 12-year-old dog Max on June 19, the Mississauga News reports.
According to The News' witness reports, the incident happened on Badminton Drive near Mississauga Road and Eglinton Avenue. Max was being watched outside by a dog sitter when an off-leash German Shepherd ran towards him from an unfenced backyard and attacked him.
The larger dog's owner and the dog sitter failed to stop the attack, even hitting the German Shepherd with a fruit bowl, to no avail. Max quickly died from stomach wounds.
Rutkowski, who was on vacation in Poland at the time, was devastated by the news. She said Max was like her baby, and that he was a part of the family.
The owner of the German Shepherd is now facing three bylaw charges, the article reports.
These include “causing or permitting an animal to be at large; failing to exercise reasonable precautions to prevent a dog from behaving in a manner that poses a menace to the safety of persons/animals, and failing to exercise reasonable precautions to prevent a dog from biting/attacking a person/animal.”
- Muzzle Order Placed on German Shepherd That Killed Another Dog in Mississauga
- Big News For Mississauga Animal Services
- Over 3,000 Animals End up in Mississauga Animal Shelter Every Year
- Ontario Passes New Bill Helping Animal Protection Services
- Ford Government Forced To Change Animal Welfare Laws As OSPCA Discontinues Services
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend
- Police responding for female pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $4.8 mil mansion with glorious wine cellar
- OPINION: Mississauga anti-maskers event doing more harm than good