Angry turkey blocking traffic in Mississauga
Police say a wild turkey is expressing his anger towards motorists in Mississauga.
On Dec. 31, Peel police said that an “angry turkey” is blocking traffic and pecking cars in the Matheson Blvd E. and Explorer Dr. area.
DANGEROUS CONDITION:— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) December 31, 2020
- Matheson Blvd E/Explorer Dr #Mississauga
- Reports of an angry Turkey in the road blocking trf + pecking cars
Q - Why did the turkey cross the road?
…#PRP are on-scene trying to find out!
While we investigate, here are some #FunFacts about Turkeys! pic.twitter.com/cFWuDnlzWs
“Why did the turkey cross the road? PRP are on-scene trying to find out!,” police wrote on Twitter.
Commuters should probably avoid the area until the situation is resolved.
UPDATE:— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) December 31, 2020
- Our Turkey was in a fowl mood
- Animal Services has attended, but our feathered friend evaded capture using its impressive 40km/hr speed.
- It is believed the turkey has reunited with its rafter (a term used to described a flock of turkeys) pic.twitter.com/kv9gqeJWWQ
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- Paramedics on scene after vehicle crashes into brick wall in Mississauga