Andrew Scheer Promises to Cancel $1.5 Billion in Corporate Handouts
As the election campaign continues across the country, one candidate is making a big promise.
Federal Election candidate Andrew Scheer was in Hamilton on Wednesday, Sept. 18, to announce his plans to cancel $1.5 billion in corporate handouts to major companies.
As Prime Minister, I will cancel $1.5B in corporate handouts to highly profitable companies and corporate executives, and put that back in your pockets.— Andrew Scheer (@AndrewScheer) September 18, 2019
Less money for Canada’s most wealthy and well-connected. And more money for you.
Because it’s time for you to get ahead. pic.twitter.com/JHozQ0OSos
This was a very significant promise, one that Scheer later clarified would be kept annually.
Some took to Twitter to voice their opinions on the announcement:
Perfect $1.5B / 37M people= when do we get our checks?— Canuckelhead (@Canuckelhead1) September 18, 2019
This is kind of like the royalty checks AB use to give to the people of AB
That's 0.75$ a week per person! That's like finding 3 quarters!— Mat (@mat_schmaltz) September 18, 2019
I'm gonna be rich!#cdnpoli
Oh sure you will. I don’t believe you. pic.twitter.com/5q1kTNnSwb— Master of Disaster (@matthewdesteur) September 18, 2019
What are your thoughts on this announcement?
Photo courtesy of Andrew Scheer’s Facebook
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, close to 400 total cases found in Mississauga
- More than 1,500 residents without power in Mississauga
- Big banks reducing credit card rates
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- House prices officially dropping in Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Federal Election Candidate Andrew Scheer Confirms Holding U.S. Citizenship
- BREAKING: Andrew Scheer resigns as Conservative leader
- Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer Promises Transit Tax Credit in Mississauga
- Internal audit of Scheer’s expenses turns up money on school, clothes, minivan
- Opinion: Trudeau and Scheer demonstrate their hypocrisy