An Extreme Heat Warning Will Be In Effect Tomorrow In Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a heat warning for Burlington, Oakville, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga and Brampton.
According to Environment Canada, significant heat and humidity will arrive on Friday.
The daytime temperatures will be in the low to mid-thirties with the afternoon humidex reaching values of 40 or higher and nighttime minimum temperatures will be in the low to mid-twenties.
On Sunday, the weather will be cooler as a cooler and less humid air mass is travelling to the region.
Environment Canada warns that extreme heat affects everyone. The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors. They remind people to never leave others or pets inside a parked vehicle.
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility