An Exciting Film Festival is Coming to a Theatre Near You
TIFF maybe be long over, but film lovers don't have to wait for the fall to enjoy another lengthy film festival.
Lovers of old movies might be happy to hear that select Cineplex locations are hosting a Flashback Film Fest—a film festival dedicated to beloved older flicks of myriad genres.
The festival, slated to run from Feb. 2-8, is running under its current name for the second year in a row. Prior to 2017, the event was known as the Great Digital Film Festival.
According to a 2017 Cineplex press release, the cinematic event is Canada’s only coast-to-coast festival. As for how it works, it basically boasts a fairly diverse line-up of sci-fi, fantasy and fan favourites.
As for what's on tap this year, movie lovers can head over to the Cineplex Cinemas Winston Churchill location (which is technically in Oakville, but sits right near the Mississauga border) to check out a number of films.
So, what movies will be playing? The James Bond classic A View to a Kill, Back to the Future, Dune, Gremlins, Hot Fuzz, Jackie Chan classic Drunken Master, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Raising Arizona, Shaun of the Dead (this festival digs Edgar Wright), Terminator 2: Judgement Day (in 3D), The Big Lebowski, The Iron Giant, The Terminator, The World's End and War Games.
You can see a list of the films and showtimes here.
As far as prices go, you can purchase individual tickets for $8.99. If you want to see more movies, you can pay $7.99 per film if you're watching three or more films. You can also purchase a full festival pass for $75 (this one will allow you to see all 15 movies if you're down for that).
Scene members can collect 750 or more points if they purchase a full festival pass.
Tickets are on sale now and you can purchase them here.
If you can't make it to the Oakville theatre, the festival is also being held at Cineplex's Yonge and Dundas location in Toronto.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Largest South Asian Film Festival in North America Opens in Mississauga This Weekend
- Unique Film Festival Coming to Mississauga Soon
- A Film Festival is Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Major Film Festival Officially Kicking Off in Mississauga
- Exciting Free Film And Food Festival Coming To Mississauga Soon