AMBER ALERT: Police searching for missing 6 year old boy
An Amber Alert has been issued today for a missing six year old boy.
Niagara Regional Police say they were contacted regarding the possible parental abduction of six year old Dashaun Mitchell, who's believed to currently be with his father John Mitchell.
Police say they're concerned for Dashaun’s welfare.
While their current location is unknown, their last known location is Hamilton, according to police.
Dashaun is described as a six year old black male with a medium weight, light brown hair, and brown eyes. No clothing description is available.
John is described as a 44 year old black male, 5’7”, with a large build and short cut hair. No clothing description is available.
He is believed to be driving a gold 2016 Mercedes SLK with licence plate unknown. A photo of a similar vehicle was provided by police.
If they are seen, residents are advised to call 911 immediately.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact detectives at 905-688-4111.
Photos: Niagara Regional Police handout
UPDATE: Police say the child has been located and the suspect taken into custody. More information to come.
- Hamilton father facing charges after missing six-year-old boy in Amber Alert found safe
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Amber Alert Cancelled After Two-Year-Old Girl Located Safe
- Police looking for missing 16 year old male from Mississauga
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued in Parental Abduction of Six Year Old Girl
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source