Amazon Bringing 800 New Jobs to Peel
Are you looking for a new position in the Region of Peel (Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon)?
If so, you might be in luck.
Online shopping giant Amazon just announced plans to open a new fulfillment centre in Caledon, the small Peel town that borders Brampton.
Amazon says the one million square foot facility will create more than 800 full-time jobs with comprehensive benefits.
It will join Amazon’s network of existing Ontario buildings in Brampton, Mississauga and Milton (as well as the recently announced facility in Ottawa).
Once operational, it will be Amazon’s sixth fulfillment centre in Ontario and the ninth facility in Canada.
“We continue to be excited about our growth in Ontario and the opportunity to better serve our customers in the region,” said Glenn Sommerville, Director of Amazon Operations in Canada.
“We’re seeing an incredible workforce and community support in Greater Toronto. It makes us proud to add a new fulfillment centre to better meet customer demand while creating more than 800 full-time jobs with great pay and benefits to support the local economy.”
In terms of job responsibilities, Amazon says employees at the Caledon facility will pick, pack, and ship small items such as books, electronics and toys.
“Caledon is the ideal home for Amazon’s latest Canadian expansion. I’m so pleased to welcome this world class, leading edge and customer focused organization to our community,” said Caledon Mayor Allan Thompson.
“The creation of good paying, stable, long term jobs will bolster our local economy and positively impact Caledon’s future sustainability.”
- Amazon Bringing Hundreds of New Jobs to Mississauga
- Amazon allowing some temporary employees to stay on full-time
- Amazon Set to Hire Over 4,000 Workers in Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- Mississauga Could be Home to Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- Amazon Launches Unique New Feature in Canada
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Armed suspect flees after attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Officers searching for male on inflatable tube in river in Mississauga
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win