Amazon allowing some temporary employees to stay on full-time
Amazon has committed to creating nearly 1,000 new jobs in Ontario.
This past March, in response to an increased demand for products ordered online due to the pandemic, Amazon hired 175,000 temporary full- and part-time employees across North America--which included 3,800 new employees in Ontario.
On June 1, Amazon announced it will be offering the opportunity for 125,000 of these temporary employees to stay with the company and transition to full-time starting in June.
This will include 900 positions in Ontario, which will mainly involve customer fulfillment and last mile delivery.
Other available roles will likely include picking, packing, and shipping customer orders; and delivering packages from delivery stations.
Further, Amazon will be investing nearly $4 billion to ensure their new employees will remain healthy and safe during the pandemic.
Cover photo courtesy of Amazon’s Twitter
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today