Amazon allowing some temporary employees to stay on full-time
Amazon has committed to creating nearly 1,000 new jobs in Ontario.
This past March, in response to an increased demand for products ordered online due to the pandemic, Amazon hired 175,000 temporary full- and part-time employees across North America--which included 3,800 new employees in Ontario.
On June 1, Amazon announced it will be offering the opportunity for 125,000 of these temporary employees to stay with the company and transition to full-time starting in June.
This will include 900 positions in Ontario, which will mainly involve customer fulfillment and last mile delivery.
Other available roles will likely include picking, packing, and shipping customer orders; and delivering packages from delivery stations.
Further, Amazon will be investing nearly $4 billion to ensure their new employees will remain healthy and safe during the pandemic.
Cover photo courtesy of Amazon’s Twitter
- Cineplex cuts salaries of full-time employees after part-time layoffs
- Amazon Bringing 800 New Jobs to Peel
- Amazon Bringing Hundreds of New Jobs to Mississauga
- Amazon Set to Hire Over 4,000 Workers in Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win