Amazon allowing members to rent or buy their favourite movies
Amazon has announced it’s launching Prime Video Store for Canada, which will allow those with an Amazon account to digitally rent or buy new movie releases.
The new addition to Amazon Prime Video will be in addition to the selection of titles available to stream for Prime members.
The movies available to stream through the Prime Video Store will include titles from major studios, including Disney, Warner Bros., Sony, Paramount and Lionsgate; local studios, such as Elevation Pictures, will also be represented.
Some of the movies film buffs can look forward to renting include: Jumanji: The Next Level, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Joker.
“We’ve seen how much our customers enjoy the large selection of new release movies available to rent or buy on the Prime Video Store in the US, UK, Germany and Japan, so we’re delighted to roll this service out in France, Italy, Spain, Canada and Australia today,” Mike Hopkins, senior vice president of Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Studios, said in a news release.
“The Prime Video Store brings all Amazon customers the newest releases and blockbuster movies available to rent or buy from top US and local studios, adding to the great range of entertainment already available through Prime Video with a Prime membership,” he continued.
- Arrest made after man allegedly tied used condoms to cars in Mississauga
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- Arrest made after vehicle travelled wrong way on Hwy 403 Mississauga