All Burlington, Oakville and Milton 18+ can book their vaccine next week in Halton
In order to align with the province’s plan to vaccinate 12-17 year olds by the end of August, Halton Region is revising its vaccine schedule to allow vaccine appointments to all residents 18+ on May 19 (instead of 16+ as originally planned).
Halton Region Public Health is also working with local school boards on a youth vaccination program for 12 to 17 year olds.
The program will be dependent on vaccine supply. More information about clinic locations and when 12-17 year olds can get vaccinated is expected later on.
"We continue to make great progress and have already vaccinated over 50 per cent of our community with the first dose,” said Halton Regional Chair Gary Carr.
“While we look forward to expanding our vaccination program to more age groups, our ability to open up more appointments remains dependent on supply from the Provincial and Federal governments. We have the capacity to significantly increase what we are doing now — we are ready to get more people vaccinated as we receive more vaccines."
The region is encouraging residents who are 18 years old and returning to high school in September 2021 to get vaccinated through the upcoming youth vaccination program in order to receive their second dose by the end of August.
More information on who is eligible to get the vaccine is available at the region’s website.
- No vaccines to 12 plus until May 31 in Burlington, Oakville and Milton
- Halton confirms illegal immigrants, refugees eligible to get vaccinated in Oakville, Burlington and Milton
- Halton Health opens new vaccination clinic in Burlington
- Oakville YMCA site of new Halton vaccination clinic
- Halton's online vaccination booking to launch on Wednesday
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery