All-day filming happening this week in Port Credit in Mississauga
A mystery show/movie is set to use Port Credit as one of its filming locations this week.
It’s reported that filming will take place in the gazebo area of Port Credit Memorial Park on Wednesday, April 7 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Additionally, at least seven production vehicles and various pieces of film equipment will be stored in the parking lot area of Port Credit Memorial Arena.
The filming notification was submitted by HRG Films Ltd. in Brampton, although what’s being filmed hasn’t been confirmed at this time.
“On behalf of the production, we thank you for supporting Ontario’s vibrant film industry,” said HRG Films.
While a province-wide lockdown goes into effect on Saturday, the film industry has been allowed to continue working through the pandemic while following guidelines approved by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
Where work is being carried out, the capacity limits for organized public events and social gatherings under Ontario's COVID-19 Response Framework do not apply, according to the city.
The following restrictions are in effect for filming:
- No studio audiences permitted on the film or television set.
- Set must be configured and operated in such a way as to enable persons on the set to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from other persons, except where necessary for the filming of the film or television production.
- Persons who provide hair or makeup services must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
We’ll keep you updated with further info as we get it.
- Feature Movie with Some Big Stars Filming in Mississauga
- Brampton serving as backdrop for filming of The Handmaid's Tale
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- Film and television studio opening new location in Mississauga
- Province Investing More in Film School in Ontario
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move