All Carlton Cards stores closing across Canada
The Schurman Retail Group (SRG), the company that owns Papyrus and Carlton Cards retail stores, has announced they will be closing all 79 of the specialty card stores across the country.
However, cards by Carlton Cards—the number one greeting card company in Canada—will still be available for purchase at other stores across the country.
According to Tammy Barrett, Director of Marketing and Trade Development for Carlton Cards, Canadians looking for a card from Carlton Cards will be able to purchase one at several locations across Canada, including Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaw family of stores, Sobey’s family of stores, London Drugs, Indigo, Jean Coutu and more.
After news broke that all stores would be closing, many people took to Twitter to voice their disappointment with SRG’s decision.
Carlton Cards may be closing down because its stores because no one wants to pay $8 for a card anymore, but there will be a lot of women out of work now.— Suzanne Rent (@Suzanne_Rent) January 19, 2020
#CarltonCards is closing, too bad…— paul seguin (@kedopaul) January 22, 2020
- Walmart to Stop Accepting Visa Cards in Canadian Stores
- FedEx Closing All Retail Stores in Canada
- Mississauga RONA among 34 Lowe's stores closing across Canada
- PRESTO Cards Now Available at Select Drugstores
- Starbucks closing some stores and moving to a to-go model in Canada in response to coronavirus
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- Power outage in Mississauga affecting 2,000 homes and businesses
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga