All beaches open in Ajax, Clarington, Oshawa, Pickering and Whitby
Published July 13, 2023 at 3:58 pm
For the second time since summer began, all of Durham Region’s 14 beaches are safe for swimming.
The Region runs weekly bacteria tests to ensure the waters of Lake Ontario, Lake Scugog and Lake Simcoe have low enough levels to wade in. The summer started strong with all beaches open in the first round. However, some heavy rains across the region led to all beaches closing the following week.
- Paradise Beach (Ajax)
- Beaverton North, Beaverton South and Thorah Centennial Park (Brock)
- Bowmanville East, Bowmanville West, and Newcastle Beach Central (Clarington)
- Frenchman’s Bay East and Frenchman’s Bay West (Pickering)
- Heydenshore Park and Iroquois Beach (Whitby)
- Lakeview Beach East and Lakeview Beach West (Oshawa)
- Kinsmen Beach (Scugog)