Alectra Utilities to send N95 masks to health care workers in Mississauga
Alectra Utilities recently announced that it's providing 16,800 N95 respirator masks to hospitals across its service territory to help address shortages resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Alectra will distribute N95 masks to Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (Barrie), Guelph General Hospital (Guelph), Hamilton Health Sciences (Hamilton), Markham-Stouffville-Hospital (Markham), Trillium Health Partners (Mississauga), Greater Niagara General Hospital (St. Catharines), and Mackenzie Health (Vaughan).
"Fortunately, we have N95 masks available for the critical health care professionals who need them now. These workers are on the front lines and we value the effort and sacrifices they are making. We will continue to support them in any way that we can," said Brian Bentz, President and CEO, Alectra Inc, in a statement.
Alectra says it will also supply N95 masks to employees who need them when working on the electricity distribution grid. The company also says it has scaled-back its operations to primarily respond to power outages and emergencies.
"The safety of our employees and the public is always a top priority," said Bentz. "We have ensured that our employees will have sufficient protective equipment available whenever and wherever they need it."
Cover photo courtesy of Alectra Utilities
- Alectra Utilities says it will offer financial flexibility during COVID-19 outbreak
- Hydro Company Alectra Begins Merger Talks with Guelph Hydro
- Alectra Utilities Offers Discounts on Electrical Products
- Health Canada warns against “fraudulent and unauthorized” N95 masks
- Union calling on federal government to provide health care workers with pandemic pay
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- A look at one of Mississauga’s best known--and most quaint--neighbourhoods
- The Lost Village of Summerville