Alectra announces new rates for Time-of-Use customers in Mississauga
Alectra has implemented new, fixed hydro rates that will not fluctuate regardless of the time or day of the week.
The rates are in line with those implemented by the province.
As of June 1, Alectra residential and small-business customers will be paying 12.8 cents per kWh until October 31.
Additionally, the Province has announced two programs that will provide assistance for residents struggling to pay their bills due to the pandemic, which include:
- $9 million for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) in support of customers struggling with energy bill payments
- $8 million for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) to support businesses struggling with energy bill payments
Applications for both the CEAP and CEAP-SB programs will become available via Alectra's website once the programs launch in the summer.
Further, due to the financial strain many are experiencing as a result of the pandemic, Alectra is working with customers to provide flexible payment terms and will not result in disconnections.
Moreover, account collection actions have been suspended for residential and small business customers until July 31, 2020.
- Ontario supports those struggling with electricity bills amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Alectra Utilities says it will offer financial flexibility during COVID-19 outbreak
- Hydro Company Alectra Begins Merger Talks with Guelph Hydro
- Electricity rates not being cut despite surge in use from people shut inside
- Utility company that serves Mississauga warns of increased phone scam activity
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot