Alectra announces new rates for Time-of-Use customers in Mississauga
Alectra has implemented new, fixed hydro rates that will not fluctuate regardless of the time or day of the week.
The rates are in line with those implemented by the province.
As of June 1, Alectra residential and small-business customers will be paying 12.8 cents per kWh until October 31.
Additionally, the Province has announced two programs that will provide assistance for residents struggling to pay their bills due to the pandemic, which include:
- $9 million for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) in support of customers struggling with energy bill payments
- $8 million for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) to support businesses struggling with energy bill payments
Applications for both the CEAP and CEAP-SB programs will become available via Alectra's website once the programs launch in the summer.
Further, due to the financial strain many are experiencing as a result of the pandemic, Alectra is working with customers to provide flexible payment terms and will not result in disconnections.
Moreover, account collection actions have been suspended for residential and small business customers until July 31, 2020.
- Ontario supports those struggling with electricity bills amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Alectra says scams are on the rise as bad guys target electricity customers
- Province to lower hydro bills, provide financial support for young students
- Alectra Utilities says it will offer financial flexibility during COVID-19 outbreak
- Province providing grants for small businesses struggling due to pandemic
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze