Air Quality Alert in Effect for Mississauga
If you're noticing the air out there isn't quite so fresh, you're not alone.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special air quality statement is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington and Oakville.
The weather agency says that possible high levels of air pollution are expected today and that the statement is in place due to the possibility of "deteriorating air quality."
Hot and sunny conditions are expected to cause increasing ground-level ozone concentrations in the area. Moderate risk Air Quality Health Index (AQHI) values are expected with the potential of short-term high risk AQHI values in the afternoon.
Some people might experience symptoms such as increased coughing, throat irritation, headaches or shortness of breath.
Children, seniors, and those with cardiovascular or lung disease, such as asthma, are especially at risk.
Environment Canada says children, including teenagers, are at higher risk from outdoor air pollution because they often spend time being active outdoors. Young people are more likely to have asthma and their lungs are still developing.
If you're outside, take precautions and go indoors if you experience irritating symptoms.
- Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga Today
- This Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
- Environment Canada Issues Special Weather Statement for Mississauga
- Special Weather Statement Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- A Special Weather Statement is Currently in Effect for Mississauga