Air Canada Temporarily Suspends Some Flights to India
If you have booked a flight to India with Air Canada, you might want to check your flight status.
Earlier today, Air Canada announced that it was temporarily suspending service to India due to the closure of Pakistani airspace by that country's government.
Because of the closure, which was enacted due to the escalating conflict between India and Pakistan over the long-disputed region of Kashmir, an Air Canada flight en route to Delhi turned back over the Atlantic Ocean last night (Feb. 26) and returned to Toronto today.
A second flight from Vancouver to Delhi that was set depart last night (Feb 26) was cancelled.
While Air Canada is currently trying to resolve the issue, some flights to India are still clear to tak off.
Air Canada’s says the airline's flight from Toronto to Mumbai is planned to operate tonight as it takes a different routing.
"We are evaluating the routing options for both Toronto-Delhi and Vancouver-Delhi flights scheduled to operate later tonight," Peter Fitzpatrick, an Air Canada spokesperson, told insauga.com in an email.
The airline says it has put a goodwill policy into effect for affected customers.
"We have no aircraft on the ground in India and all flights from India to Canada have returned as scheduled."
To check your flight status, click here.
Air Canada’s flight from Toronto to Mumbai is planned to operate tonight (AC46 Feb. 27) as it takes a different routing from the Delhi flights.
Flights to Delhi are cancelled tonight from both Toronto (AC 42 Feb. 27) and Vancouver (AC44 Mar. 1) as there currently are no suitable alternate routings.
“We continue to monitor this situation closely and flights to Delhi will operate as soon as operationally feasible,” Air Canada says. “We have put in place a flexible rebooking policy for customers. We have no aircraft on the ground in India and all flights from India to Canada have returned as scheduled.”
- Air Canada Offers New Direct Flight to Mumbai
- Flights from India and Pakistan suspended for 30 days to Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get an Extremely Cheap Flight to India
- India asks Canada to lift flight ban as Mississauga, Brampton residents look forward to travel
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga