Air Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart teaming up to provide COVID-19 tests for Canadian travellers
With the number of new COVID-19 cases continuing to rise, and more and more regions experiencing additional restrictions, many Canadians have decided not to travel this holiday season.
However, for those who will be travelling, there's good news.
Air Canada has announced it's teaming up with Shoppers Drug Mart to provide COVID-19 tests for those travelling with the airline.
As of Dec. 7, Air Canada travellers can book a test at participating Shoppers in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
The tests will be available for anyone travelling to a destination that requires a negative test--such as the Caribbean, including the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, Barbuda and St-Lucia, and Hawaii--and results are typically available within 24 and 48 hours.
“Many countries now require a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test and we are pleased to facilitate this process for our customers, making their travel experience easier and safer by recommending the RT-PCR test at select Shoppers Drug Mart locations. We believe that testing is one of the keys to protecting employees and customers, and an important step to safely reopen travel around the world, easing travel restrictions by providing alternative testing solutions in managing risk,” Jim Chung, chief medical officer for Air Canada, said in a news release.
“Our stores and pharmacy teams are a convenient, trusted resource for Canadians. We want to continue to be a part of the solution as the country looks for ways to manage COVID-19. We’re pleased to work with Air Canada to make COVID-19 RT-PCR tests accessible to travellers, and to help customers plan their travel safely and with confidence,” Ashesh Desai, executive vice president of Pharmacy at Shoppers Drug Mart, said in the same release.
- Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Brampton, Mississauga, and Ontario offering rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
- Shoppers Drug Marts providing Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario businesses with rapid COVID-19 tests
- Employees at two Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Brampton test positive for COVID-19
- Two employees at Shoppers Drug Mart in Brampton test positive for COVID-19
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart and No Frills test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say