Air Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart teaming up to provide COVID-19 tests for Canadian travellers
With the number of new COVID-19 cases continuing to rise, and more and more regions experiencing additional restrictions, many Canadians have decided not to travel this holiday season.
However, for those who will be travelling, there's good news.
Air Canada has announced it's teaming up with Shoppers Drug Mart to provide COVID-19 tests for those travelling with the airline.
As of Dec. 7, Air Canada travellers can book a test at participating Shoppers in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
The tests will be available for anyone travelling to a destination that requires a negative test--such as the Caribbean, including the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, Barbuda and St-Lucia, and Hawaii--and results are typically available within 24 and 48 hours.
“Many countries now require a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test and we are pleased to facilitate this process for our customers, making their travel experience easier and safer by recommending the RT-PCR test at select Shoppers Drug Mart locations. We believe that testing is one of the keys to protecting employees and customers, and an important step to safely reopen travel around the world, easing travel restrictions by providing alternative testing solutions in managing risk,” Jim Chung, chief medical officer for Air Canada, said in a news release.
“Our stores and pharmacy teams are a convenient, trusted resource for Canadians. We want to continue to be a part of the solution as the country looks for ways to manage COVID-19. We’re pleased to work with Air Canada to make COVID-19 RT-PCR tests accessible to travellers, and to help customers plan their travel safely and with confidence,” Ashesh Desai, executive vice president of Pharmacy at Shoppers Drug Mart, said in the same release.
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart and No Frills test positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Shoppers Drug Mart employee in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Shoppers Drug Mart location in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Cancel travel plans, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urges Canadians
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- Police investigate after shots fired at car in west Mississauga
- UPDATED: Man brought back to life after major crash in Mississauga