Aer Lingus returns to Mississauga’s Pearson Airport with four flights weekly to Dublin
Published September 17, 2021 at 12:57 pm
Aer Lingus is returning to Mississauga’s Pearson Airport with direct flights to and from Dublin four times a week starting today.
The Irish airliner is one of a number of carriers increasing activity at Pearson Airport as international travel continues to ramp up as more people become fully vaccinated amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Airport officials say various airlines are making “a strong return” to Pearson, with more routes from domestic carriers Air Canada, Air Transat, Sunwing, Swoop and WestJet, as well as international carriers Air India, Aer Lingus, China Southern, Copa Airlines and Condor.
Air India resumes daily flights in and out of Pearson on Sept. 25.
“We’re encouraged by these returning routes as they’re a sign of better things to come for Canadian aviation,” Pearson officials say.
Also of note recently, officials say, is WestJet’s announcement of two new routes from Pearson servicing Edinburgh and Glasgow, the two largest cities in Scotland, starting next spring.
Still with Europe, German carrier Condor has restarted its route from Pearson to Frankfurt, flying three times a week.
“This route strengthens our connectivity to one of Europe’s mega-hub airports and deepens our connectivity around the globe,” Pearson Airport officials say.
Other service resumptions/additions announced recently include:
- Air Canada resumes daily flights to Delhi starting Sept. 18. The carrier also increased service recently to Dallas, Minneapolis, Raleigh-Durham, Washington D.C., Munich and Sao Paulo
- WestJet now flies two times a week to both Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles
- Air Transat now flies four times weekly to Fort Lauderdale, three times a week to London (Gatwick), twice weekly to Cancun and twice a week to Punta Cana
- Sunwing is now flying once a week to Los Cabos, with additional service planned for Aruba (starting Sept. 20), St. Martin (Sept. 30) and Varadero (Sept. 30)
- Swoop is now flying to Halifax four times weekly, Cancun once a week starting Sept. 18, in addition to Montego Bay and Kingston in Jamaica (Kingston service begins in December)
- Delta Airlines now flies to LaGuardia in New York City up to four times daily
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies