Advance polls are open for Canadian federal election
Advance voting for the 43rd federal general election begins on Friday, Oct 11 and continues through Oct 14.
“At the last election, more electors than ever voted early at advance polls,” says Chief Electoral Officer Stephane Perrault. “Advance polls will be open for longer hours, and there will be more advance polling stations to better serve Canadians.”
Here’s what you need to know:
- Advance polls are open across the country from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (local time).
- At advance polls, electors can only vote at their assigned polling station. This is different from the process in some provincial elections, where electors can vote at any polling station.
- Electors can find the address of their assigned polling station on the back of their voter information card, by visiting elections.ca, or by calling 1-800-463-6868.
- To vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted ID is online.
- Electors have other advance voting options, including voting at any Elections Canada office in Canada or by mail, using the special ballot process.
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- Canada-U.S. border restrictions extended to July 21
- Cyclist killed on Hwy. 50 in Brampton, road closed for several hours