Advance polls are open for Canadian federal election
Advance voting for the 43rd federal general election begins on Friday, Oct 11 and continues through Oct 14.
“At the last election, more electors than ever voted early at advance polls,” says Chief Electoral Officer Stephane Perrault. “Advance polls will be open for longer hours, and there will be more advance polling stations to better serve Canadians.”
Here’s what you need to know:
- Advance polls are open across the country from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (local time).
- At advance polls, electors can only vote at their assigned polling station. This is different from the process in some provincial elections, where electors can vote at any polling station.
- Electors can find the address of their assigned polling station on the back of their voter information card, by visiting elections.ca, or by calling 1-800-463-6868.
- To vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted ID is online.
- Electors have other advance voting options, including voting at any Elections Canada office in Canada or by mail, using the special ballot process.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Test results are in from Mississauga condo revealing good news about the variants
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- First responders attending to fire in Mississauga
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga